Flaring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaring

Spent an enjoyable evening taking some pics with a friend. As we set out we were treated to an unexpected and dramatic industrial landscape opportunity.

Flaring0001 by ^Petros^, on Flickr

Canon 40D Canon 17 - 85 IS USM
    ISO 640 1/1250sec @ F5.6

ps - just noticed the dark bands either side - this was shot through a chain link fence.

Flaring0002 by ^Petros^, on Flickr

Peter
    Last edited by Petros; 25-04-2013, 22:51.

Re: Flaring

Comment

Very dramatic, if you hadn't said about the banding coming from the fence I would have assumed either it was natural or you had put it in for effect

Comment

Wow, very dramatic and sharp image.

Tom

Comment

Agree with others Very dramatic. For safety reasons i think i may have jump back in the car and drove as fast as i could !
          Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Nice shot of the Fife ethylene plant at mossmoran the flare can be seen for miles around lighting up the night sky
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Thanks everyone,

@Paul Linton, as usual safety was a far thought from our minds as we did our best to get closer for better shots! @2 Beers, this was down in Hartlepool, same sort of thing happens at Mossmorran from time to time but it is many years since I photographed that. Perhaps need to do that one and also Grangemouth to get a full set!

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X