Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Light at Colton

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
    I like them both. I can understand how the composition of the first is appealing (and it's a great image), but I'm drawn to the second. I can't say why, but it resonates

Did you use HDR in the processing?
    I just used exposure bracketing +1 and -1, once these were merged it was an autofix in photoshop. Not changed any saturation levels, the greens were more or less as seen through the viewfinder.
    The first image was side lighting, the second image straight on lighting.
    Last edited by Judder Man; 24-05-2013, 20:02.
    An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Thanks for that, all part of my learning curve
      Russell
      Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

My instant reaction to the first one was 'Wow!'

One point, if it was mine I'd probably crop a little bit off the sky. Make it more 2 thirds foreground 1 third sky. But that's an amazing shot!

Comment

Second for me, some gorgeous light and a good composition
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Two great shots, well worth the drive.

Dave
            www.microwyred.co.uk

Comment

Lovely shots Judderman

Comment

Its the kind of light you dream about as a photographer, Glad you were there to capture it so well,

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                X