Low Light Ladscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Light Ladscape

Has anyone ever tried landscapes at night? Decided to give it a try with two torches from the market and a head torch. Found a local location that was assessable in low light. Triggered the camera remotely and waved the torches about, well maybe a little more to it than that but not much.
    I don’t thick for a first attempt its to bad, anybody any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Re: Low Light Ladscape

That is a very attractive photo IMHO - great ambience. The trees have come through very well

I have seen some very good pictures taken under the full moon - I tried and failed last night - will try again tonight
    ef-r

Comment

I like that Mac. Good comp and great colours. Any chance of giving us a few more details ?

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for the comments regarding the image.
        Taken at an old mill site where some of the old water overflows still exist. Used a 40D with 16 to 35 at 16mm ISO 400 at f8 for 150 sec. Camera remotely triggered while the falls and rocks were lit with two hand held torches. It took five attempts to get the balance of background and foreground to what you see.
        Post processing was limited to a bit of light balance and cropping. And there you have it.
        Give it a go
        Mac

Comment

Thanks for the info Mac. I'll certainly give it a go sometime.

Comment

Very nice! This is not easy to do well and you've really captured some of the atmosphere. Love the colours too - very evocative.

Comment

Working...
            X