• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nairn Beach West View

Nairn Beach West View by Douglas Hunter, on Flickr

Doug
    Cameras... 7D, 350D
    Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
    Montana 5 Car-tography

Re: Nairn Beach West View

Who made the foot prints in the sand?

Doug

Tom

Comment

Cracking shot Doug. I like the low down point of view. Can't beat East Coast beaches, lovely

Garry
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Tom...not sure what made the prints, it was early morning and the Tide had just gone back out, only a few Dog walkers about.

Thanks Gary...I agree the East Coast beaches are lovely, including your home town of Dornoch, which we visited every year for about 12 years, sometimes Grannies Caravan Park at Embo, other times a Lodge nearby, we loved Dornoch, the Pipe Band on Saturday Night and the open Raspberry Tarts from the Bakers, the good Butcher, who bought the Mercedes G Wagon new and seemed to keep it for about 20 years, all happy memories.

Doug.
        Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
        Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Really nice part of the world quite like coast east of Inverness. Have stayed in Nairn and further along in Portknockie.

You image has brought back some fond memories.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

The foreground makes it I reckon.
            [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Montana 5 View Post
              Thanks Gary...I agree the East Coast beaches are lovely, including your home town of Dornoch, which we visited every year for about 12 years, sometimes Grannies Caravan Park at Embo, other times a Lodge nearby, we loved Dornoch, the Pipe Band on Saturday Night and the open Raspberry Tarts from the Bakers, the good Butcher, who bought the Mercedes G Wagon new and seemed to keep it for about 20 years, all happy memories.

Doug.
              You're making me feel nostalgic now! I left nearly 20 years ago now. Been back a lot, but less regularly in recent years. As with everywhere, time moves on. Reeves the bakers is gone, and a chain has moved in, the butcher is still there, but long since taken over. Ian Millburn, who had the G Wagon was a well loved character. Had a Range Rover after the Merc. Looked better in a field with a Stag hanging out the back of it....!The Pipe Band still play every Saturday through the summer though! Some things will never change I guess! Aaaaahhhh, happy memories. Sorry to hijack your thread. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Makes me feel like I'm 100 mind you

Cheers,

Garry
              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Antoeknee and Wayne.

No probs with highjacking my thread Gary, its funny how we get nostalgic about places where we lived or visited, I just wish digital Cameras had been around all those years ago, if I had the time I would copy all those 35mm slides I have of the area. Cheers for the update.

Doug
                Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di.

Doug.
                    Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                    Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Working...
                    X