3 shot pano handheld. No HDR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 shot pano handheld. No HDR.

Some snow fell in my fair city yesterday afternoon. I drove by my street on the way home and headed straight for the Campsie Fells ( A range of hills my house looks on to).

I took a few shots with the snow falling and headed home, on the drive back down the hill I saw the sun peeping out in my rear view so slammed the anchors on, put the hazards on and got out. Camera already exposed for the previous shots, I just snapped 1,2 and 3 and got back in the car.

This was the resulting image after photomerge in PS CC.

I didn't really do much else to it, apart from burn the clouds and add a curves adjustment later, but I was pretty chuffed with it.

Probably best viewed on Flickr as it will be too small on here.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: 3 shot pano handheld. No HDR.

Nice one Paul. Does look great in flickr. I often wonder how many shots we miss by leaving a location too early! Well spotted

Garry
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Cheers Garry. That big cloud on the right leaving the scene was the snow cloud. I know what you mean though. For instance this morning on my 25 min drive to work, I missed a beautiful red cloud filled sky, purely because there's no blooming places to stop on country roads.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Like this Paul, a grand vista done very well.

I'd be tempted to dodge in that hot spot in the sky (middle), and you have a tiny white patch top left (probably from cropping) that I'd clone.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
          Like this Paul, a grand vista done very well.

I'd be tempted to dodge in that hot spot in the sky (middle), and you have a tiny white patch top left (probably from cropping) that I'd clone.
          Never been successful with darkening whites in skys. If I set the highlights, then about as low as I want to go, say 13% It just paints a dull grey onto it, which I'm guessing it should do. I end up going URRGHH and hitting undo lol.

If I really worked on it, I'd have removed the white entirely and pasted in my own sky from another image leaving the clouds in place. I was too tired for all that nonsense last night lol
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Cant see the joins Paul A nice scene although i wonder if the snow is looking a bit "muddy" or perhaps that was how it was in the light

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              Cant see the joins Paul A nice scene although i wonder if the snow is looking a bit "muddy" or perhaps that was how it was in the light

Stan
              It was a very light dusting Stan. I think the curves adjustment made it look worse. I've fallen foul to the 'grey' snow I think too lol
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Well done Paul

Tom

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Working...
                  X