Milarrochy Bay Tree, Loch Lomond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milarrochy Bay Tree, Loch Lomond.

Getting a bit sick of Kingfishers just now as I sat in 3 hours of great light the other morning only for them not to even come home at all so no pics lol. I am taking a wee break from it so I wanted to use my 10 stop ND filter that has been collecting dust along with my 24-105L.

Milarrochy Bay Tree by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

It's not the shot I was after because the sun went down behind that huge grey cloud and totally ruined my idea. Anyway it turned out ok I think. Feels like I'l having to learn this all over again lol

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Milarrochy Bay Tree, Loch Lomond.

The tree makes a good picture Paul but is that the true colour of the scene or a cast from the filter

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Just a tint added in Lightroom stan. The original is just flat blue. Notice it's a bit darker on here too
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Nice idea Paul, works well.

Bill.
        Last edited by Bill53; 13-04-2014, 22:45.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I love it Paul ....
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Like the composition of the lone tree Paul

Tom

Comment

Oh to get sick of Kingfishers, Like the image Paul

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_H View Post
                Oh to get sick of Kingfishers, Like the image Paul

Alan
                Know what it is Alan? I'm sick and tired of people getting in the way. The kingfisher nest is under a public walkway in the heart of Glasgow. There's about 20 people passing every 30 seconds. Some walk right by, but some just can't help themselves and simply must hang over the fence to find out what you're doing. Some grown men have even resorted to throwing stones at our hides.

I totally despair with humanity in times like this. Wildlife has no chance in the hands of some humans.

A stipulation of the license is that you cannot draw attention to the nest site. We've decided to give up on it because we can't help but attract idiots. It's what's best for the kingys.
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                X