• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quiet Loch

IMG_3903 by jaecom, on Flickr
    EOS 70D EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM ; EF 16-35mm f4 L IS USM

Re: A quiet Loch

Nice view, but the highlights appeared to be a little blown out & the horizon seems to be tilting from left to right.

Tom

Comment

If you could straighten the horizon and pull some detail out of the blown areas or may be a crop off the top to remove the blown area and bottom to balance the shot ,you would have decent shot there mate,

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
        If you could straighten the horizon and pull some detail out of the blown areas or may be a crop off the top to remove the blown area and bottom to balance the shot ,you would have decent shot there mate,
        I realise what you are saying but as I was on a high road above this view, and this is the prospective I saw. I will give it a go though. As far as the 'blown areas' - this is the natural light upon the water just before dusk. Does this look unnatural ?

Thanks Dave and Tom for looking and taking the time to comment. It is helpful to discuss.

Comment

Looks like a nice place. By blown hightlights they are referring to the clouds at the top where they are bright white with no detail.

I agree about straightening the horizon and trying to pull back some detail in the clouds.
          1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
          Facebook
          www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by paulr5604 View Post
            Looks like a nice place. By blown hightlights they are referring to the clouds at the top where they are bright white with no detail.

I agree about straightening the horizon and trying to pull back some detail in the clouds.
            Gotcha - thanks!

Comment

Had another go - what do you think?

IMG_3903 by jaecom, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X