Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Torquay evening...

...but this time as a six image pano.

I was a bit more prepared last night and had the 15-85 mounted on the 7D and shot this sequence at 85mm (as opposed to the 16mm single shot posted yesterday). I did make the silly mistake of leaving ISO to Auto resulting in changes across the set

Unfortunately the setting sun wasn't as nice so I didn't get to capture the golden hue that often illuminates Torquay in the evenings although I did get the full moon and a lot more sharpness .

Another difference is that I have a new 'power' PC that I'm dedicating to photography and to justify (to Mrs. ColytonJohn if not myself) the not inconsiderable investment in hardware and software I used Photoshop to stitch and Lightroom to process. A long, slow business when constantly switching back and forth to the YouTube video that was trying to teach me what to do (still: )

Torquay Panorama - 02-1 by ColytonJohn, on Flickr

Altogether then still not what I'm trying to capture but I'll keep trying.

As always it's a lot better on Flickr.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Another Torquay evening...

You're going to hate me for saying that my fave bit is the moon sitting on the cloud at the right of the image.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Nice one Mate I like the moon too

Comment

Thanks guys, I liked the moon too

I did take a sequence five minutes earlier that had the moon just peeping over the cloud and the town in all its golden glory but couldn't merge the images in PS without leaving a clear line between them. I'll try again in other software.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
          You're going to hate me for saying that my fave bit is the moon sitting on the cloud at the right of the image.
          Agree with Di

Tom

Comment

Nice work John.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I also like the moon :)
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thanks Guys

That moon does get better as later in the winter it rises in the cleft between the hills above the harbour and seems huge. I haven't taken any DSLR images of it but I'm sure I shot some with my G10 and, while not likely to be a patch on what a DSLR can achieve, may be worth sharing so I'll see if I can find them.

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X