Sunrise at Loch Clair, scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunrise at Loch Clair, scotland

Yes - 16-35 L f4 a truly epic lens. Sharp wide open although I use it at nearly always at f10 or greater. When set to hyperfocal distance and f14 everything is pin sharp from a few inches in front of you to infinity. Settting a lens to its hyperfocal point with a Canon body is a breeze as it has the all important preview button.
    James
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Superb, love the detail.
      Andy

Comment

Thanks for reply James. Had mine for a few days but weather has been truly awful, low cloud and greeeeeeey!

Hoping for some change soon.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
          Thanks for reply James. Had mine for a few days but weather has been truly awful, low cloud and greeeeeeey!

Hoping for some change soon.
          I look forward to you posting up some of your work shot with it - I do so like the way we share ideas, photographs etc on this forum
          James
          James Boardman Woodend
          www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Very nice James, lovely colours.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Stunning shot absolutely beautiful

Alan

Comment

Very interesting image James [emoji106] I must try out your approach to where the light source is in relation to the camera. It must have been a bit chilly when you were making this image, the light on the high ground works very well.
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                  Very interesting image James [emoji106] I must try out your approach to where the light source is in relation to the camera. It must have been a bit chilly when you were making this image, the light on the high ground works very well.
                  Shooting in the exact opposite direction to where sunrise or sunset occurs works really well if you have a distant object that is going to catch the rays from the sun - obviously mountains work well but many smaller foreground objects can also be front illuminated by the coloured sunset/ sunrise
                  James
                  James Boardman Woodend
                  www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Working...
                  X