Bewl Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bewl Water

Dog walk today at Bewl, pushed my boundaries and comfort zone and did something different. Honest opinions welcome as this is totally out of my usual genre.

IMG_4242.jpg by planetcflyball, on Flickr

IMG_4260.jpg by planetcflyball, on Flickr
    Paul

Re: Bewl Water

The light in the first is gorgeous and throws a lovely shadow under the structure. I'd be tempted to lift the shadows and show some detail in it though.

The second I'm not such a fan of. Did you processs it much as it looks a bit wrong to me? Nice lead with the curve though.
    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

The first has the better light quite like that.as Alan said no 2 looks to be alittle over pp,but that composition shot in better light would work very well .and well done for pushing your boundaries

Comment

Yes, the second has something about it I can't quite get my head around. It's processed, but not that heavily. I'll have another crack at it later and try to figure it out.
        Paul

Comment

Paul, first is lovely, nicely controlled lighting, I think it is fine as it is, but yes, try it both darker and lighter to see what happens. You should be very pleased with that.
          The second? Not so sure. It is a nice sweeping curve, so it should work, but somehow there needs to be more interest (except for the people, I'd probably lose them). Perhaps the background is too oppressively dark. Interested to see what you can do with it.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

As has been said the light in the first one is very nice, the second one though as AlexR suggested seems to be too dark BG.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I like the 1st image but if you don't mind me saying I would crop a tad off the bottom and if you have it, add a bit of sky. Like the others have said, am not too sure about 2nd image but not sure why!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Paul, nice images but my vote goes to #1.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Beautiful lighting on that 1st image Paul.

Tom

Comment

another one for the first - very nice Paul
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

The first is very atmospheric and works well

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

Nice shots. I'd be tempted to pull the first shots position more central. The left side is dominant and if it was kept to the left third and there was equal space on both sides it would be a more powerful image. The second shot is a harder shot to pull off. Ideally you want the sweeping line of the stone coming up and drawing your eye to the focal point (the tower thing) but the tower is drowned out by the same colour and shade in the trees so it's hard for the eye to see it.
                        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Really do like the composition & light in the first, but my eyes are distracted by that rather obvious halo around the roof which jars.
                          Second, you have clipped the curve of the dam wall on the left, which takes away from the flow of the composition.
                          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Forward step? This is closer to what I saw when I took it, and I really don't know where I was going with it yesterday. More sky, although it was a bit bland so I have played a little, possibly too much? To be honest I never really anticipated a stunner here as it was an experiment to see what I could get away with on a lens that I have no control of aperture. I was working on the hyperfocal length theory, but I don't think the detail is there.

IMG_4260-Edit.jpg by planetcflyball, on Flickr
                            Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X