Tewkesbury Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tewkesbury Park

We spent a few days relaxing at a hotel in Tewkesbury recently. The weather wasn't great so didn't do much photography but this pano stich was the view from our room looking across the parkland to the Malvern Hills.

IMG_6680-Edit-2 by ColytonJohn, on Flickr

Cheers,
    John

Re: Tewkesbury Park

Nice shot John, looks even better on Flickr.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice shot. In flickr, I see a tiny black pixel - probably a bird - right in the middle of the picture - might be worth a quick spot removal on as looks like a mark rather than a bird.

Tewkesbury has some good views - did you get out and about much? The Abbey, battlefield, river etc?

I know the hotel you stayed at (Tewkesbury Park Hotel) - used to be a member of the gym there (won it as a prize) and regularly used the swimming pool - until the fire alarms went off one cold January day and I was left outside in just me swimshorts and a tiny silver foil blanket LOL :).
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thanks Bill and Andy.

Yes, it is a bird and I thought long and hard about removing it but eventually decided to leave it in in deference to all the enthusiasts who post here. Point taken though so I'll get the twelve bore

The hotel had become tired but is now receiving much needed investment and probably worth a return when the builders have moved out. We did get to walk around the town and had an excellent meal in an Italian restaurant (Salerno's) but it was the Cotswolds we wanted to visit.

Sadly Broadway was appalling as the beauty of the place has been ruined in a self-defeating rush to remove money from all those who visit because of the beauty. Stow-on-the-Wold was nice but busy with too many cars and Bourton-on-the-Water busy with people so no photography done there either. I would like to visit Bourton again though, early one morning when all the trippers are still asleep armed and with camera and tripod.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Working...
        X