Torbay through the trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torbay through the trees

Shot recently with my Tokina 11-16 while on a walk around Rock End in Torquay.

IMG_6557 by ColytonJohn, on Flickr

Cheers,
    John

Re: Torbay through the trees

I like the framing as it makes focus on the center, just a suggestion that you might want a tighter crop to loose some of the green IMO

Tom

Comment

nice shot john and really like the framing - works for me as is
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Tom and Ian

Cheers,
        John

Comment

The framing is spot on for me

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks Paul

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Smashing John good use of the tree to keep the sun from blowing.

Comment

A nearly there image for me, lovely viewpoint, and some gorgeous light.
                It seems you have tried lightening the foliage on the right as it as bled into the surrounding clouds, giving you a slight light halo around the foliage edges, which does distract a touch.
                Otherwise, it's a belter.
                Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Dave and Les

Les, now you point it out I see exactly what you mean and it does look like selective touching up with the adjustment brush yet I didn't use it! I did turn the highlights down and the shadows up so that may have been it. Oh hang on, I did remove some nasty CA (which is the only fault I can find with this lens) so I wonder if that caused it? Anyway, thanks for the kind comments

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Very nice image Looks even better on Flickr. Leaves me wondering what the boats are ;-)

Comment

John, really nice image. Lovely light, nicely composed with a great window. Like the almost metallic sheen to the water.
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks MX5

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

Thanks Alex

Cheers,
                          John

Comment

I like that! Nice colours and great framing. I might have a walk there myself and take a look!
                            Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Thanks Colin

It's a great little walk yet I hadn't made it for probably fifty years which is crackers considering how nearby to where I live it is. It is a bit up and down some steep steps and those with a fear of heights shouldn't apply but well worth the trouble. It was one of my first 'serious' sessions with the Tokina but was so disappointed to find most of the images ruined by a large rain drop that had fallen, unnoticed, from the trees onto the lens. So much so that I didn't bother processing any of the others but yesterday I did and found this one.

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X