Sycamore Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sycamore Gap

I hope that's how you spell it!! For anyone who has watched 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves' will recognise this location. Its amazing in the film how Robin Hood manages to land at Dover and then at the next scene be in Northumberland then go back to Nottingham!!

1DX_9979-Pano by czwotzit, on Flickr

It was taken from the road as I have a bit of difficulty walking distances at the moment using my 300f2.8 on my 1Dx. It is a pan of 5 shots merged in LR6

Andre

Re: Sycamore Gap

Nice shot of another location I was going to visit on my recent Northumberland trip.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Very nice composition

Tom

Comment

Like the simplisity of the shot. Works well.
        Neil

Comment

Nice one Andre ,like the composition

Comment

Great composition
            Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
            EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Excellent shot - I can just make out the Roman wall running on the lip of the hill.
              James
              James Boardman Woodend
              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

lovely shot and by the look of those clouds got it before the sky when very flat
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

A nice composition and nicely stitched Andre.

David

Comment

Edit - I knew I'd seen this photo somewhere before, many years about I bought a framed copy of this ;o)... different PP as its sepia
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by neilrich1966 View Post
                      Like the simplisity of the shot. Works well.

Agree - nice one!
                      EOS 70D EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM ; EF 16-35mm f4 L IS USM

Comment

Thanks everyone

I have another image of the tree taken when I went to a youth hostel in early March last year at Once Brewed (yes it is a real name and on the maps next to a pub called twice brewed!!) with my motor bike club for a walk along some of the wall. I didn't know until we came across the tree that it was there and a popular location let alone part of Kevin Costner as part of Robin Hood. The rest of the weekend was a bit drafty culminating with my motorbike being blown over whilst I was taking a shot at Hermitage Castle

Andre

Comment

Working...
                        X