By the Water front- Aberystwyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the Water front- Aberystwyth

Canon 6D + 17-40mm. Not sure which is the better shot.

Aberyswyth (2) FF- July2015 090 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Aberyswyth (2) FF- July2015 089 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 20-07-2015, 10:15.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: By the Water front- Aberystwyth

The first one Nat but I'd be inclined to stitch both of them into a pano to give the lead in from the right and distant interest on the left.

Incidentally I took an almost identical photo from that spot only last month

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ColytonJohn; 20-07-2015, 10:45.

Comment

Thanks John. We seem to have an "identical" sort of eye. Remember Tintern Abbey?
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        Thanks John. We seem to have an "identical" sort of eye. Remember Tintern Abbey?
        I do indeed - and I was in the Elan Valley too

Cheers,
        John

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Nat, I don't know if you have the software to stitch panos but, if not, and you'd like me to I'd be quite happy to join these two together for you.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
            Nat, I don't know if you have the software to stitch panos but, if not, and you'd like me to I'd be quite happy to join these two together for you.

Cheers,
            John
            John,
            I don't have the software to stich the photos and will be happy if you could do it. These are in Jpeg.

Comment

More than happy Nat and here it is:Nat's Aberystwyth Pano Stitch by John Leah, on Flickr

There was a slight imbalance between the two exposures that I've tried to remove but think I could have done better - sadly I've now deleted your two original images (from my PC)

Cheers,
              John

Comment

I don't have the software to stich the photos
                Nat I think you will find a PhotoStitch software on your EOS disc, if not it can be downloaded from the Canon site. Probably not the best but it works. The shot certainly works better with the full view.
                Andrew

Comment

Thanks JOhn. It looks really nice. Andrew I will look at my EOS disc. Thanks for the info.

Comment

You're most welcome Nat.

There are a few free pano stitchers available and for years Serif's PanoramaPlus was my favourite as it was both fast and accurate. I did upgrade to the paid version because of the claim it read RAW files - well, it may have done, but it couldn't read the RAW files from my 7D

I did try the Canon one but didn't like it much, besides, about that time I took the big step-up to PS and LR and the way images can be exported from LR for stitching in PS then returned to LR is a joy to use. I did, however, have to buy a new super-fast, big RAM PC to get that performance. Were I still using my old PC for photo processing I'd have no hesitation in using PanoramaPlus.

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

Thanks for the info John. Much obliged.

Comment

Nice set Nat

Comment

A great set Nat. From your originals I preferred the first.
                          Neil

Comment

Thanks Dave & Neil.

Comment

you could also try microsoft ice for stitching your panos
                              Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
                              X