Tintern Abbey, Gloucester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tintern Abbey, Gloucester

Shot today with my 7D2 and Tamron 10-24. The colours were pretty crap with the sun behind the abbey so I went for a high contrast B&W conversion. It also hides the CA the Tamron is somewhat guilty of...

Tintern Abbey by Andy Mulhearn, on Flickr
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: Tintern Abbey, Gloucester

An interesting place to photograph. I would of been tempted to do this as a HDR, then convert to BW

Tom

Comment

Now there's a thought. Too late for this shot but I did some other in-camera HDR shots later on, and have the raw files. Thanks for the suggestion Tom
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I quite like that. Isn't it in Wales though?
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I like the shot a lot its the type of location I can spend ages walking around - have you done some correction work on the verticals ? I can't get my head around it but something doesn't look right - also it looks soft which I'm sure must be because of the conversion

An interesting place to photograph. I would of been tempted to do this as a HDR, then convert to BW
          agree with Tom would have gone straight into HDR mode
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice, it's just the right subject for B&W, for me anyway

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice shot Andy but I wonder whether you have got a copy of this in colour as well. Tintern Abbey is a favourite venue of mine and I make regular visits to the place.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

It does look a little soft here but much better on Flickr. I think it could use a touch of warping to get more of the verticals, vertical
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

A great subject for this type of conversion.
                  Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Els View Post
                    I quite like that. Isn't it in Wales though?
                    Doh! Yes it is isn't it. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      I like the shot a lot its the type of location I can spend ages walking around - have you done some correction work on the verticals ? I can't get my head around it but something doesn't look right - also it looks soft which I'm sure must be because of the conversion
                      agree with Tom would have gone straight into HDR mode
                      This one's had quite a bit of processing, including straightening, and it's got some horrible CA going on on the left-hand wall which doesn't help. The Tamron's showing some limitations here but I was pushing with this shot I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                        Nice, it's just the right subject for B&W, for me anyway
                        Cheers Paul. The colour version isn't great, B&W was the only saving for the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                          Nice shot Andy but I wonder whether you have got a copy of this in colour as well. Tintern Abbey is a favourite venue of mine and I make regular visits to the place.
                          This is a colour version I have. I'm going to re-process the first one and see if I can do a better conversion...

Tintern Abbey by Andy Mulhearn, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                            It does look a little soft here but much better on Flickr. I think it could use a touch of warping to get more of the verticals, vertical
                            That's odd isn't it. Usually Flickr shots come across well but this one does look better "over there"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
                              A great subject for this type of conversion.
                              Thanks Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X