On The Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On The Rocks

This is one of the many beautiful waterfalls in the area around Ogwen Valley.

This photo is just up the track from the Visitor Centre. 3 times I tried to photograph this, in between showers and the last attempted I finally got a few results that I wanted.

I liked to get the mist in the background, a little burst of colour in the mid and then the rocks in the foreground to give each level some nice interest.

On The Rocks by Andrew Nixon, on Flickr
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: On The Rocks

cracker mate, realy like that mist hugging Pen y ole wen ,lovely scene you cant not take a photo as you walk past as its so nice

Comment

Nice image Andrew. I think that if you composed the image so that the walkway would of been in the right corner it would be a stronger image.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
        cracker mate, realy like that mist hugging Pen y ole wen ,lovely scene you cant not take a photo as you walk past as its so nice
        Many thanks ode lad..Back there next weekend hopefully, and hope the weather plays ball..

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
        Nice image Andrew. I think that if you composed the image so that the walkway would of been in the right corner it would be a stronger image.

Tom
        Many thanks Tom, completely see your point, I do agree. As mentioned above, i'm back next weekend, so, I can try and rectify that point mate...Cheers
        Andy

Flickr Page
        Facebook Page

Comment

Nice and sharp
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
            Nice and sharp
            Thank you very much matey !!!!
            Andy

Flickr Page
            Facebook Page

Comment

stunning work Andy really love the way the mist is creeping in
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                stunning work Andy really love the way the mist is creeping in
                Thank you very much, Ian
                Andy

Flickr Page
                Facebook Page

Comment

My kind of image is that! I would agree with Tom re the composition. Maybe a wee tweak in post would bring out the foreground colours to, and add contrast, but, none the less an excellent image,

Thanks,

Garry
                  Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                  Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Another top shot Andy, you are developing a style which has your name all over it.

Suggestion......have you tried it in mono? Not a huge amount of colour anyway, just a thought
                    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                      My kind of image is that! I would agree with Tom re the composition. Maybe a wee tweak in post would bring out the foreground colours to, and add contrast, but, none the less an excellent image,

Thanks,

Garry
                      Thanks for your feedback Garry..I'll have a look at the post production ideas, maybe tonight...Cheers

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                      Another top shot Andy, you are developing a style which has your name all over it.

Suggestion......have you tried it in mono? Not a huge amount of colour anyway, just a thought
                      Thanks very much Alan, that is hopefully what I'm for, a style which people can see..Getting there..

As above, i'll try and throw this back in the dark room tonight and i'll check out what it feels like in mono...Thank you
                      Andy

Flickr Page
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                      X