The Hut at Fimmvörđuháls (revisit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hut at Fimmvörđuháls (revisit)

Unfortunately not a physical revisit. I have been suffering from one of those repeating colds that seems to take ages to go away and so have been re-processing images that I either didn't do a very good job first time around or just didn't recognise that there was a decent image there to start with.

I've also been playing with SmugMug as an image hosting site and clicking the image will open that in another browser tab. So far I've only gone for the starter option as it didn't seem worth paying more to sell images (maybe one day).

Thanks for looking and any CC is always appreciated.
    Scott

Scott

500px flickr

Re: The Hut at Fimmvörđuháls (revisit)

what a stunning shot Scott, love the mist in the distance and the slip on the mountain side that almost pulls you down into the image, very well done

I think its a good idea to look back over old images as you can find some gems especially with new editing skills and tools
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian. Should have added it was taken around mid-night, hand-held (hiking so no tripod) at ISO800 and to get as much light as possible at f4.0 which is not a typical landscape aperture but being hand held I needed all the help I could get
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

impressive !
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

That's really good Scott. I wish we had some midnight views like that round here!
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Tony. Same here. Or even during the day. North Bucks, whilst being a nice place to live, is not blessed with interesting (to my eyes) landscapes.
            Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post
              Thanks Tony. Same here. Or even during the day. North Bucks, whilst being a nice place to live, is not blessed with interesting (to my eyes) landscapes.
              Same here - North Herts - which is probably why I end up in London with the camera so often.
              - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
                Same here - North Herts - which is probably why I end up in London with the camera so often.
                Ha ha spent 5-6 years in Stevenage between '85-'91 so know what you mean.
                Scott

500px flickr

Comment

I like that Scott

Was there any more canvas as the hut is a little squashed in the corner

stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    I like that Scott

Was there any more canvas as the hut is a little squashed in the corner

stan
                    Thanks Stan. No, by the time I had fixed the verticals - it ended up right on the edge. I was actually thinking the same thing when I was working on it and thinking if/when I ever got a chance to re-shoot it, I would include more space to the right so that your eye could follow the curve of the ground back up to the hut.
                    Scott

500px flickr

Comment

that's always a problem with fixing verticals so always try and remember to leave some extra space at the time of shooting. You can always try and fix it with further editing - this is with a combination of using content aware scale and cloning with Photoshop CC

Stan

zxzx 1.jpg
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

You have captured some lovely subtle colours, nice image.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                          that's always a problem with fixing verticals so always try and remember to leave some extra space at the time of shooting. You can always try and fix it with further editing - this is with a combination of using content aware scale and cloning with Photoshop CC

Stan
                          Wow - thanks Stan. I definitely need to figure out how to do that. Content aware fill I'm familiar with for clean up work. But how do you create the additional space in the first place ?
                          Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Wrinklyrocker View Post
                            You have captured some lovely subtle colours, nice image.
                            Thanks Wrinklyrocker.
                            Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Nice Shot

Looks like Stan has saved you from a return flight to Iceland to retake the shot lol.

Paul
                              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                              X