summertime sunsets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

summertime sunsets!

Just a few shots of the sun setting over a lake...how romantic...

and off they paddle into the west!
    Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Re: summertime sunsets!

I like those.

Quite unusual with Canadian style canoes and I think number 3, paddling off into the sunset is my favourite.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

#3 for me. Great sunset with the canoe sillouetted against the sun shinning on the water

David
      David

Comment

Very nice photos Richard. I like #3 the best. #1 too is nice with all those birds flying around.

Nathaniel
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. These were taken with my new 50D plus the humble sigma 18-200mm lens - non OS. I do notice the tonal graduations- they seem much smoother. I guess this is down to 14 bit, 15MB as opposed to 12 bit, 8MB of the 350D! There is a lot more detail also. The pictures of the lake were taken in North East Poland - Augustow, (same place as the one in the photo challenge).
          I liked the 'paddling off into the sunset ' also, but included the others to set the scene.

By the way, this is how it pretty much came out of the camera - raw first then converted to Tiff (low res and jpg for web).
          Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Glad you are enjoying the 50D after having used the 350 for so long. I think I said before that you would find a big difference, I know I did.

David
            David

Comment

Third one is certainly the best of this bunch, crop some off the right side and this would improve it IMO. Remember and save your files to sRGB for the web as this helps with the colours.
              Alex

Light Over Scotland
              alex scott Photography

Comment

Very nice sunsetting images..I to like the 3rd one.....whats that big yellow thingy in the sky...is it a U.F.O ?

Coda
                There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                X