Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The ancient city of Ephesus

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
    Great depth in the pictures considering how high the sun was and still a sense of intensity of light, well balanced.
    Thank you kindly.
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Excellent subject and composition plus good work to process out the people I understand all too well the difficulty of midday lighting but that first one is just too harsh for my tastes. Couldn't the brightness have been reduced a bit? Of course it may just be my monitor

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
        Excellent subject and composition plus good work to process out the people I understand all too well the difficulty of midday lighting but that first one is just too harsh for my tastes. Couldn't the brightness have been reduced a bit? Of course it may just be my monitor

Cheers,
        John
        Actually John I know what you mean. I processed them last night and they looked fine on the screen but today on the Forum and on Flickr that one looks like the highlights are blown a little. I will investigate later, or other the next few days. Keyhole surgery on a knee tomorrow so will have the leg in the air and the keyboard on my lap for a few days.
        - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
          ... Keyhole surgery on a knee tomorrow so will have the leg in the air and the keyboard on my lap for a few days.
          Good luck with that I've had the op on both knees and it's not too bad. Now a hernia op is a different matter

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
            Good luck with that I've had the op on both knees and it's not too bad. Now a hernia op is a different matter

Cheers,
            John
            Cheers, I'm told it wont be too bad. Here's hoping..............
            - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

One word of advice. DON'T rush around if you feel better. It must take it's time. I have a good friend who also went through keyhole surgery on the knee & after about one and half months,feeling better, drove to Cambridge (from the Midlands) to meet and bring a school friend back to her place.In Cambridge the person sat down in the friend's house and the knee got "locked". She could only stand up on one leg. There was no way she could drive her car back.So she had to hire a taxi from Cambridge back to the Midlands.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                One word of advice. DON'T rush around if you feel better. It must take it's time. I have a good friend who also went through keyhole surgery on the knee & after about one and half months,feeling better, drove to Cambridge (from the Midlands) to meet and bring a school friend back to her place.In Cambridge the person sat down in the friend's house and the knee got "locked". She could only stand up on one leg. There was no way she could drive her car back.So she had to hire a taxi from Cambridge back to the Midlands.
                Thanks for the advice Nat - I'll be careful.
                - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Very nice set of images

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                    Very nice set of images

Tom
                    Thanks Tom.
                    - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
                      Actually John I know what you mean. I processed them last night and they looked fine on the screen but today on the Forum and on Flickr that one looks like the highlights are blown a little. I will investigate later, or other the next few days. Keyhole surgery on a knee tomorrow so will have the leg in the air and the keyboard on my lap for a few days.
                      I think it may well be your monitor and my one at work John. Looking at it at home again today on my PC and Apple IOS devices the highlights on the Library shot look fine on the forum and Flickr.
                      - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Tony I'm going to print that out and show it to my wife as it's just the excuse I needed to buy a new monitor

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

I know what you mean by the harshness of the noon day sun in that part of the world. You did well just being out in it!!! I went there many, many years ago. Great photographs as well!
                          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
                          X