One a Month - November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One a Month - November

First frost came a week ago indicating that the season has definitely turned.

So to this months picture from this morning with the sun behind cloud but the breaks in the view.

One more to go to complete the year, it's been an interesting exercise and some lessons about how the subject matter changes with light which I probably would not have learnt had I not taken the same picture over and over again.

Thinking of doing another set next year and think I need a scene with a stronger foreground.

Re: One a Month - November

Haven't seen the series but out of interest, do you try and position and compose as identically as possible each month or do you vary the lens or the view? Definitely an interesting project ...

Comment

Soon be the winter pics, another image to add to the collection, well done.
      Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
        Haven't seen the series but out of interest, do you try and position and compose as identically as possible each month or do you vary the lens or the view? Definitely an interesting project ...
        The idea was to take the same picture each month from the same position with the same focal length in the first two weeks of each month.

I discovered as the year went on that I should have found a better way place the camera in the same spot each time as the pictures do wander around a little.

I will put them all together in a post at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
          I discovered as the year went on that I should have found a better way place the camera in the same spot each time as the pictures do wander around a little.

I will put them all together in a post at the end of the year.
          Would certainly welcome your advice regarding consistent positioning as part of your final post ... thanks.

Comment

Tom

Comment

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

When I did something similar back in the days of film. The location was remote enough that once I'd set up for the first shot I hammered some markers on the ground to place each of the tripod legs.

Set the tripod up the same each time, adjust for level. Then using the grid on the screen align to particular feature each time.
                Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                  When I did something similar back in the days of film. The location was remote enough that once I'd set up for the first shot I hammered some markers on the ground to place each of the tripod legs.

Set the tripod up the same each time, adjust for level. Then using the grid on the screen align to particular feature each time.
                  That's what I will have to do next time.

Comment

What a great project. Looking forward to seeing the full set!
                    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X