Traditional views of Loch Lomond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traditional views of Loch Lomond

I can see you've given nš 2 a lift and I think it has improved it.

I have a tiny, curious niggle. There was a faint dark edging around the tree which i noticed in the first version of the lone tree and I still see it on the second version.

Is that a cleaning up of the bark and some consequent clone tool on the water? Please don't think I'm being critical- it's just that I'm not sure whether I'm seeing things or not!
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
      I can see you've given nš 2 a lift and I think it has improved it.

I have a tiny, curious niggle. There was a faint dark edging around the tree which i noticed in the first version of the lone tree and I still see it on the second version.

Is that a cleaning up of the bark and some consequent clone tool on the water? Please don't think I'm being critical- it's just that I'm not sure whether I'm seeing things or not!
      Hmmm... I know what you mean. And I am delighted you ARE being picky, because you are forcing me to confront the issue. I haven't cloned, but I probably, somewhere along the line wasn't neat enough on a mask layer, and I have just spent 45 minutes trying to fix it. Unsuccessfully!!! I think I might need to start from scratch... Watch this space, because I like this composition!!!
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

A start from scratch with a clean Raw file and I am still seeing the same slight ghosting. I am not sure why. Perhaps it is a freak of nature!!!

2Y2A5709-Editv3.jpg by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Richard

Comment

Well now I know it's not my imagination if you see it too.........maybe a freak of nature but I blew up the image on Flickr trying to decide if the water ripples were cloned. Then decided life was too short to be doing this!
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
            Well now I know it's not my imagination if you see it too.........maybe a freak of nature but I blew up the image on Flickr trying to decide if the water ripples were cloned. Then decided life was too short to be doing this!
            But I am glad you commented!!! Thank you very much.

Comment

Like no 1 Richard, and lonely tree 3
              Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Both very nice The 'lonely tree' was a subject our long departed (to another camera forum lol) friend Paulstw tried so often to capture and, indeed, I thought it was he returning to the fold when I first saw these as much as I liked the composition of the tree, thought a lift was needed to make it zing. The edits are in the right direction but there remains a halo

The first one benefits from classic Scottish winter lighting but I feel so much reed in the foreground distracts from the excellent reflections so I'd be inclined to crop a little of it out.

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X