Killiecrankie

A couple from Killiecrankie

Frozen by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

The frozen forest by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Killiecrankie

Absolutely love the 1st one- lovely light, composition and range of textures and subtle colours.

The second for me is the marmite technique. I'm trying to get into the style but as yet I'm not moved.It's nothing personal!
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thanks Bo - I too am very partial to the first. But then I like the second as well! I knew it would be marmite here, but I am very keen to continue exploring this genre... I am really quite enjoying the work on PS as well as LR...

Comment

Wow hope your passport was in order, just 5 miles from my house, so know where you were, loved the first one. Dave

Comment

+ Richard

Tom

Comment

Wow, the first is so cool, great colour. Was that how it was or have you fiddled?
            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

First is really nice some great colours and nice light.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

both stunning images nice work
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Excellent Richard
                  Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Love them both, Richard. The first has such great composition to start with, but the beautiful subtle layering of the colours in the sky, and then the touches of red in the trees to the left lift it into a 'wow' shot for me. And the second really works for me too. Some of your ICMs have come out feeling 'painted' (not that I'm complaining) but this one feels different; it is very spectral and dreamy. The coloured trees are superlative, and provide a gorgeous focal point, which is needed to stop these becoming too bland.
                    Canon EOS 7D
                    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks to everyone who looked and especially those who commented!

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                      Wow hope your passport was in order, just 5 miles from my house, so know where you were, loved the first one. Dave
                      Glad you liked it! My passport is in the walls of St Andrew's Cathedral where one of my ancestors was buried with an enormous memorial stone from 1708!!! Hope the weather is still holding up - it was gorgeous!!!

2Y2A5973.jpg by Richard Anderson, on Flickr
                      Last edited by rcarca; 28-11-2016, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                        Wow, the first is so cool, great colour. Was that how it was or have you fiddled?
                        "Fiddled"!!! Huh! Artistically created!!! Some work in LR and PS, but essentially that is how it looked!

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                        both stunning images nice work
                        Thank you!

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                        Love them both, Richard. The first has such great composition to start with, but the beautiful subtle layering of the colours in the sky, and then the touches of red in the trees to the left lift it into a 'wow' shot for me. And the second really works for me too. Some of your ICMs have come out feeling 'painted' (not that I'm complaining) but this one feels different; it is very spectral and dreamy. The coloured trees are superlative, and provide a gorgeous focal point, which is needed to stop these becoming too bland.
                        Thank you Alex. I am enjoying playing with the "painterly" effect. None of them is a pure ICM, all are blends of an ICM and a non-ICM photograph to some greater or lesser extent. It plays to my fantasies of being creative which I prefer to taking purely record shots - not criticising those who want to make record shots, I just want to do something a bit different. I may have had enough this time next week though!

Comment

I've only just seen these Richard and they are excellent. I like both of them for different reasons
                          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Tony!

Comment

I'm playing catch up with the posts too and am so glad I didn't miss these as I think both, for very different reasons, are stunning.

I would like to know how you achieved the effect in the second one.

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X