• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flint castle at sunset

another one from yesterday with the wide angle lens

the ruins by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: flint castle at sunset

Nice light on the castle but not a particularly interesting building which in the shot seems to have very little detail

Your settings seem a bit strange - 1/1250, f5.6 and ISO 640. With landscape images you are aiming for front to back sharpness so a wide DOF is essential so choose an aperture between f11 - f16. Unlike birds, its not going to run away so you don't need a particularly fast shutter speed - anything up to about 1/100 would be fine and will also be good enough for handholding although in theory if shooting at 10mm you could keep images sharp at 1/15 sec. Also keep the ISO as low as possible, with the above settings you could have come down to ISO 100 or 200
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

I am afraid I agree - little to sustain the interest, and composition a little strange. Very soft. But then I would hate for you to be as good a landscape photographer as you are bird photographer without taking a little time to build up the skills in this genre as well...
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

thanks for the info lads ,its all being taken on board .will try to do better next time

Comment

Working...
        X