X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbour shots

LR-0592 by Steve, on Flickr

LR (1 of 1) by Steve, on Flickr
    Last edited by steve70d; 01-12-2016, 20:52.

Re: Harbour shots

IMG_0590 x by Steve, on Flickr

LR-0570 by Steve, on Flickr
    Last edited by steve70d; 01-12-2016, 21:34.

Comment

A nice diverse set

Tom

Comment

some nice shots - the first I would have cropped the lower 2 boats, the last is a bit tight on the top of the boat, but some nice images
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I prefer just to see one shot in a thread but where 3 or 4 are posted thete is often one that is a stand out and the rest i could take or leave.

with these its the first. I think it works ok with the boat and reflection at the bottom but would work much better with the crop suggested by Ian
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Lovely sky reflection on the water in the first one. I think the problem is knowing where to crop. It would be nice to go wider but the area looks quite congested and I suspect it would be difficult not to have half boats on the sides.

John

Comment

Thanks for feedback guess. Shots like these I never know how much to keep playing wit cropping but will Def crop bottom boats out.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Comment

I do like the first one as I'm a sucker for an orange sky I agree that cropping the boats would make a stronger composition but you run the risk of unbalancing it by losing too much foreground if cropping just above the outboard motor. I'd be inclined to crop above the gunwale and clone out the outboard.

I also like the third one (more orange sky ) and the last one but feel it could do with a bit more processing.

Altogether, though, a nice set

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X