• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The library

Just loved this room, so amazing

The library by Ian Theobald, on Flickr
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: The library

great symmetry Ian and not a soul about

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

thanks Stan, yep humans do spoil a good photo :)

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Great composition and processing and you've really got your eye in with that Acme 'Citizen Zapper'

Cheers,
        John

Comment

LOL... cheers

Comment

That is wonderful and certainly doesn't bear any resemblance to our local library.
            Did you get a sshhhhh from the librarian when the shutter fired?

John

Comment

Be interesting to see the relative dimensions in "real life" as opposed to 11 mm. Easy to see why estate agents like super wides to make rooms look bigger than they really are.
              But I do prefer this to the outdoor shots at the same focal length where the clouds always seem to be converging to a single point and look very odd and off putting to me.
              EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

thanks John and no she wasn't around, least at first, then had this official looking woman hovering around me where ever I went..

and shutter :) its a bracket so fired off 5 :) even worse, then re composed and when for a few more, those will follow when I process them later

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                  Be interesting to see the relative dimensions in "real life" as opposed to 11 mm. Easy to see why estate agents like super wides to make rooms look bigger than they really are.
                  But I do prefer this to the outdoor shots at the same focal length where the clouds always seem to be converging to a single point and look very odd and off putting to me.
                  I know what you mean about how an 11mm can make things seem large LOL.. especially when in the hands of an estate agent.

But in this case it is huge. For me the benefit of using an 11mm lens in places like this is you have the scope to get the verticals correct which you would never be able to without a super wide angle. This is in fact a crop on the photo so I could adjust. But in answer to your question the room is 88 m long, 9.5 m wide and 13 m high

Comment

Excellent work Ian. I've said it many times but you make good use of that lens. One question - is the wood work actually a different colour on the left and right of the library or is it the light giving that impression?
                    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

thanks Tony it helps when you have stunning buildings and room like this to work with.

Regarding the 11-24, its getting to a stage where its the only lens I use and I now have to force myself to use other lenses to justify carrying them around all day LOL.

Yes the other side is a different colour, maybe each side are colour coded as apparently has 45,000 books

Comment

Nicely composed image Ian.

Tom

Comment

Another great internal shot Ian. Pleased you dodged the officials!
                          Andrew

Comment

Simplg stunning... image and room... great job.
                            Cheers;
                            Lee
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Very nice, draws me in

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X