Palma Cathedral after dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palma Cathedral after dark

This is the best time to shoot the cathedral when it is floodlit. A couple of shots, the first about 20 minutes after sunset when there was still some blue in the sky and the second about 20 minutes later
    Both shot with 7D and EF-S 10-22, 10 secs, f16, ISO 100, tripod and remote release.
    WDYT

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Palma Cathedral after dark

Classic Stan.

I have always considered that "Night Time" shots should be taken at dusk, so that there is still a little life in the sky. The balance of the bue in the sky against the orange of the tungsten lighting is far more harmonious.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Hi Stan;

Looks like you shifted position a tad for the second shot, which has given a better presentation of the cathedral IMO...

You'll just have to go back & re-shoot so you get the better position AND the dusky sky

Cheers...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Cheers guys
        Looks like you shifted position a tad for the second shot, which has given a better presentation of the cathedral IMO...
        if you know the location, there is a large lake in front of the cathedral and the first shot was taken by the lakeside and at that angle to include the moon in the shot. For the second I moved along a bit and up the terrace of steps which gave me the higher angle so that less of the cathedral was obscured by the trees but without being able to include the moon
        I have a lot of other shots, as yet unprocessed, from further along as well

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Working...
        X