Eileen Donnan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eileen Donnan

Certainly one of the most photographed places in the UK... but here goes again

Camera Model: Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL SIGMA 17 - 70
    Focal Length: 17.0mm
    Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
    Aperture: f/20.0
    ISO Equiv.: 100
    Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Grad ND and MLU

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lincs1

Re: Eileen Donnan

A really pleasing shot with excellent DOF. although in some ways this leaves you struggling between two focal points - the foreground and the castle. That said it is a strong image, nice one!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, I was looking for a slightly different view point.

Lincs1

Comment

Originally posted by Lincs1
        I was looking for a slightly different view point.
        That's what I like about this shot. Instead of just presenting a cliche'd image of the castle you've given us some its context. I'd imagine it looks much more impressive at full size.
        For my taste the RHS foreground is a bit under-exposed - I'd have liked to see a bit more detail in the water and vegetation, but a nice shot all the same.

Regards,

Stuart
        Comment and Criticism welcome.
        Edits OK as long as they're not B&W conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Rae View Post
          That's what I like about this shot. Instead of just presenting a cliche'd image of the castle you've given us some its context. I'd imagine it looks much more impressive at full size.
          For my taste the RHS foreground is a bit under-exposed - I'd have liked to see a bit more detail in the water and vegetation, but a nice shot all the same.

Regards,

Stuart

Thanks Stuart for your interest, I think many are taken here from the other side, preferred the fore ground here.

Lincs1

Comment

Working...
          X