Moonlight snowscene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonlight snowscene

When the snow stopped here on Saturday evening, the moon came out and it was almost like daylight.
    Took this with a 30 sec exposure.

Last edited by DianaS; 20-12-2010, 10:14. Reason: typo

Re: Moonlight snowscene

Well done Diana.

I have recently seen some moonlit shots and like yours, they are surprisingly well lit. Something I must have a go at.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Great photo Diana,seeing the stars in the background make it look magical.
      Definitely one to try.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Wanted to try again last night, but the fog rolled in!!

Comment

Last few nights would have been great but with -16C on Saturday night and -11C last night (with a sea mist) I couldn't quite motivate myself to venture outside. Not for lack of mountain wear ... which I had put on during daylight complete with crampons just to get into the village.

Stars look like Orion ??

btw - nice shot.

Comment

A very nice photo Diana, I have taken a few moonlight shots in the past but none as nice as this. It has been too darn cold for me to go out of late to try some winter shots.

Comment

Great shot, really like the stars in the sky

Comment

Love the shot Diana, its better than my daylight ones! Bet it was cold though.

Comment

Lovely. You've even caught the twinkles in the snow.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

I must admit that it was taken through the window - tin of soap powder resting on windowsill for a tripod!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DianaS View Post
                      - tin of soap powder resting on windowsill for a tripod!!!
                      He He, well done. Necessity is the mother of invention - improvise and if a tin of soap powder gets the job done, it's more than good enough.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by DianaS View Post
                        I must admit that it was taken through the window - tin of soap powder resting on windowsill for a tripod!!!
                        Cheat!
                        but well caught though, a very beautiful photo.
                        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Can't believe it Diana you made me stand in the freezing cold for half hour,and all the time you were sat inside taking your image through the window" cheat"

Paul
                          PS Taken with my son's new EOS 500D with a bit of luck I'll let him have a go!!
                          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                          X