Opening In The Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening In The Weather

Not had the chance to be no EOS much so here's an image from the recent snow falls that was taken just up the road from my home.

40D, Sigma 10-20, FL 10mm, Av f/16, Tv 0.3, ISO100, Tripod, 0.3 grad.

C&C welcome

Attached Files
    Alex

Light Over Scotland
    alex scott Photography

Re: Opening In The Weather

A great image Alex.
    The effect you have gained with the shutter speed and the ND grad makes the snow in the foreground white mist like, yet you can still see the what appears to be vehicle tracks leading you up to the gate. Makes me want to know what is the other side of the gate.

David
    David

Comment

Love it, well taken. I like the fact that you can't see whats through the gate, it invites you in. You want to go and look.

Mac T

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
        A great image Alex.
        The effect you have gained with the shutter speed and the ND grad makes the snow in the foreground white mist like, yet you can still see the what appears to be vehicle tracks leading you up to the gate. Makes me want to know what is the other side of the gate.

David
        David, I used the grad to bring out some contrast from the trees as the rest of the scene was flat due to the snow and mist. Some dodge and burn helped to bring up the tracks leading into the field.
        Thanks

Originally posted by Mac T View Post
        Love it, well taken. I like the fact that you can't see what's through the gate, it invites you in. You want to go and look.

Mac T
        Hi Mac. That's what I liked about the image also, it made you wander what was through the gate. I would tell you but that would take away any thoughts that you had yourself
        Alex

Light Over Scotland
        alex scott Photography

Comment

A great shot I like the mystery of what waits beyond the gate.

Coda
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Coda, thanks for looking in and commenting, appreciated.
            Alex

Light Over Scotland
            alex scott Photography

Comment

Oh I like this, normally I prefer a bit of sky detail, but it's not needed here, those slight drifts in the Fg invite you in nicely.

Good work
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

This is a prizewinner of an image. Well done.

I'm guessing the dodge and burn on the tracks softened them somewhat - very effective - it really enhances the image.

Glenn

Comment

Everything to like Alex.

The snow ridges lead you into the gate, which itself is open and invites you beyond. Held in by the trees and shrubbery each side and a little burning in top and bottom.

A good shot to start with, skillfully and subtlely "polished" to bring out the best of it. Up to your usual high standards Alex .............. keep em coming!

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X