Bristol Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol Building

Took this one last night, 30 seconds made the clouds blur, processed twice in ACR with different colour temps to boost the street light glow in the clouds and masked to remove most of the warm light from the buildings.

I have a feeling this one will be like Marmite.... Love or hate?

Re: Bristol Building

Oh yes, I like this, an appealing, abstract feel to it, pushing the envelope a bit, won't be to everyone's taste, but presses all the right buttons for me.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I do like it.

An iconic building deliberately shot at an angle is very powerful, but I have a preference for indigo blue night time skies, so I would tweek the white balance accordingly.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Very nice for me it works

Comment

Love It - I also love Marmite

Joanne
          To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

I like it & marmite too :)
            EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Love the picture....Hate marmite with a capital H!!

Comment

Building and Marmite are good for me too - sorry to see that there is space to let- wonder if it's the whole building or just part? Lots of vacant shops in our local town - Banbury at present.

Comment

Many thanks for your positive comments, I believe the whole building it up for let and has been since it was built?

Comment

Very nice, this does it for me..... I'll pass on the Marmite...
                    EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

It works for me.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X