Somewhere near Kettlewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere near Kettlewell

Whilst out walking (a Kettlewell circular via Conistone)

Av f/4 1/500 ISO100 (29mm) AutoWB

Got this view from atop a stile next to a TrigPoint:

M f/5 1/640 ISO100 (17mm) SunnyWB

Then came across this on another stile:

Av f/5 1/1250 ISO100 (24mm) AutoWB (slight crop to centre - too much on right in original)

As usual taken on the hoof withy my armoured 40D plus 17-40. Slight levels and sharpen.

Feel free to comment.

Re: Somewhere near Kettlewell

I definately need to spend more time with my camera.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Know the area well, often go walking along this area with my dogs -usually from the Grassington side.

All good, but the third is my pick, lovely balanced composition & exposure.
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks. I'm enjoying my ad hoc visits to Skipton - Barden - Grassington - Kettlewell area. Doing different bits on each visit. I keep seeing the 'cross' on Rylstone Fell and Obelisk on Cracoe Fell ... and think I'll pay them a visit sometime ... just to do it. It's a way of doing legs of the Dales Way as well. Unless I'm made redundant I'll not be able to do a long distant walk in one (over several weeks).

With a 20kg plus backpack ... photography is always going to be challenge. Still no regrets at using a DSLR rather than my G10. The pain is worth it when folk say my snaps are okay

Comment

Working...
        X