sunsets over rough seas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunsets over rough seas

a couple of shots of dalmor beach on the isle of lewis, headed out for the sunset but it didnt quite materialise

dalmor beach by colinhcameron, on Flickr

Re: sunsets over rough seas

Hmmm. what did you do with the colours? The look some purple to me.
    With kind regards,
    Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

All good images, with great composition but there is a definate colour cast, i'm not sure whether it is deliberate on your part as part of your post processing. but I would have prefered them a little less saturated, but like I mentioned great composition and sky detail.

Ray

Comment

yeah, the colour cast is from the el cheepo nd filter i was using, gives off a purple hue. i tried sorting it out in lightroom, this was the result, thought it kinda suited it

Comment

Perhaps too surreal the colours, but very nice shots with lovely atmosphere and composition.
          Anna

Comment

I actually sort of like the pictures as they are, and they're nicely composed. I think they would have looked great black and white as well.

Thx for posting, Mike.
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I assumed the colour cast was intentional. and I also like.
              Alun

Comment

Purple Perfection - love it!!

Joanne
                To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

I don't think the colour cast does any justice to the pictures. Looks very unnatural to me.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I think the purple hue actually adds a slightly menacing feel to the shots. I like them.
                    David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                    All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
                    X