Glen Avon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen Avon

I've just had a walk over at Glen Avon from Tomintoul this afternoon, mainly to try out my new toy . . . a Canon G12.
    OK, I know it's not an EOS camera, and please feel free to castigate me if you wish, but it is a Canon ! I'm hoping it's going to be a lightweight alternative to my EOS DSLRs to use in the mountains.

G12, AV, f/8, 1/320, ISO 100.

Just wondered what you thought about image quality. I'm quite pleased.
    Alan.

ps Glen Avon is pronounced Glen Aan.

Re: Glen Avon

Very nice and goes to show what the G's are capable of (I have the G10).

One day I'll have the time to take on Scotland (wearing one of the two tartans I'm allowed to ) and start bagging Munro's (I have done some ... but that was an era ago).

Comment

Very nice with a well management of light and white. It's a really nice place !!
      Anna

Comment

looking at this with my novice eye, I'm not sure this has quite the same depth of detail you'd get from your EOS and the sky lacks a little "umph" for want of a better word! may be my monitor, but that is my view. It would be interesting to see a pic from your EOS of the same location for comparison. lovely location though, very envious of you having such wonderful landscapes so close!
        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Been seriously considering a g12 myself. I have seen some very nice shots taken with G's, and there are times when I really don't want to be carrying my 500d/lenses etc.

Please continue to post pics and your personal opinion of the camera.

Derek

Comment

Nice image, on my calibrated mac it looks fine, but I'm no expert.

John

Comment

Very nice, I certainly don't mind the G12, I have a G9 and it was this impressive little camera that hooked me into buying a DSLR I still carry the G where the larger kit cannot go.

Ray

Comment

I am also thinking of getting the G12, it is very convienient and looking at this immage excellent quality. Nice shot

Comment

I have the G11
                  I always have it strapped to my belt for those quick shots when I haven't the time to get the DSLR out of my rucksack.
                  Nice shot of a great location BTW

Mike
                  www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
                  X