Pendle Hill on a Misty Wet Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pendle Hill on a Misty Wet Day

Yesterday was Barley - Pendle Hill - Barley. For folk out of the area Pendle is infamous for the ladies what own black cats and ride broomsticks .

However these lightly leveled and sharpened images don't really convey the gloom ... it's a though the camera has cut through the clag:

Stairway To Heaven (17mm 1/250 f5.0 AutoWB ISO100)

TrigPoint (17mm 1/160 f5.0 AutoWB 100ISO)

Two on The Ridge (40mm 1/200 f5.0 AutoWB 100ISO)

I could barely discern the two people on the ridge using the Mark I eyeball. In fact my group vanished into gloom.

If anyone can explain the x-ray vision effect I’d appreciate the technicalities.

As for feedback … be as critical as you want on technical issues.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Pendle Hill on a Misty Wet Day

no idea on the techno question, but that is a VERY foggy day. I can almost feel the damp!
    if you could move it back and slightly higher, that second one would look quite arty.
    David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
    All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

David - I don't do arty so I'd not appreciate that. But it is a strange TrigPoint surround. Whilst I could have gotten further back, one of the few things I don't carry in my backpack is a set of step ladders

But it was very foggy ... whilst safe (according to the rangers) it was very hard to navigate for our leader. Glad I wasn't leader on that one, my turn tomorrow.

Comment

Pendle Hill is the view I have from my front door..its about 5 miles from my house. The vew from the top on a clear day is amazine you can see blackpool tower from up there and thats about 40 miles away.
        Nice set of images.

Coda
        There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Nice pics, shame you could not catch the Pendle wiches.Good part of country to live.

Ricky

Comment

Working...
          X