Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumfries & Galloway

In the Galloway Forest.jpg
    This was my first EOS photo using a tripod. I think I will be using it again. I noticed how much sharper it was than with the hand-held shot.
    Deva
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: Dumfries & Galloway

Very good and nicely framed.

One of the benefits of a tripod is that it gives you "time" for the shot. Because it is locked, you have time to look around in the viewfinder and make small corrections until you are happy, then take the shot.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Very nice indeed
      ef-r

Comment

Very nice, the rocks in the foreground looked like a big turtle clambering out of the water.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. I have just bought an iMac and photos look so much better than on my previous bog-standard monitor!
          Deva
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Great shot I would like to see them a bit bigger,

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Going to have to get the tripod out of its carry case... really like this.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

I have a confession to make. I don't know how to attach an image so that it displays bigger on the post?
                Thanks for any advice on this.
                Deva

Comment

A very nice shot
                  For landscapes you should always aim to use a tripod, apart from the benefits suggested by Colin it enables you to close down the aperture to ensure front to back sharpness without worrying about the shutter speed and use a low ISO for quality. Also best to use a remote release

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan. I did use a remote shutter release.
                    Deva

Comment

Very nice photo Deva. Have you tried using Photobucket to post pics on this forum. If you are interested please send a PM to Canon Fodder who helped me to get the hang of Photobucket.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hello Nathaniel. Thanks for your comments. I have managed to get to grips with Photobucket, but unfortunately the image looked very blurry after getting it on to my post, so I had to delete it.
                        Apparently, the lack of sharpness can be an issue with Photobucket, but I will keep trying.

Deva

Comment

Very nice picture!!! My son bought me a tripod last xmas and I found taking it out into the field was a bit cumbersome, during the recent NEC show I bought a mono pod, I found this a good halfway measure, gives most of the benefits without being a nusance!
                          Alun

Comment

Working...
                          X