Dawn over the Red Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dawn over the Red Sea

A few attempts of capturing the first few minutes of the sun rising ovre the red sea.
    Alun

Re: Dawn over the Red Sea

Personally, I like the compositions primarily, although the colours are gorgeous as well. One wonky horizon (#3?), and personally I'd have cloned out the 'silvery' bit, (lower LH corner) at the base of the palm tree in #1, but hey, that's just my view, otherwise this is great eye candy.

Let me guess.. FF , 5D etc? Please let me be right, because if this is APSC , I'm going to shoot myself, and give up..

Nice nice nice.

Derek

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I took lots of similar shots with only small differences, I have only cropped a few of total 100 or so and I normally use my laptop for any editing as the desktop i use at home as a monitor not up to the job!! At the mo I can't even see a silvery bit in the corner of the shot you mentioned!

Howeverto your other question, is it to be a handgun or shotgun suicide!!!!!
      Alun

Comment

Derek,
        Load the gun as these were taken with the 1000D and the 18-55 lens.

Alun,
        I like dawn shots, something about the light and the fact you get such a good silhouette. The "silvery bits" are at the base of the tree in #1.

David
        David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
          Derek,
          Load the gun as these were taken with the 1000D and the 18-55 lens.

David
          That's it, I'm gone: maybe try stamp collecting instead. It just goes to show, doesn't it, that the subject, the light, and being there, is all that really matters?

Nice pics..

Derek

Comment

Working...
          X