St. George's Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. George's Church

A couple of recent shots of our local church, St. Georges, in Brailes, Warwickshire.

Re: St. George's Church

No 1 for me. With the leaves on teh sides, you have created a nice depth effect. Great shot.
    With kind regards,
    Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Like them both, do like how you've framed them with the magnolia tree.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

I like both shots a lot...and the frame of flowers adorns the austerity of the ancient church, very nice photos, congrats !
        Anna

Comment

Like them both but No. 1 shades it for me because of the dramatic angle - but perhaps drama was the last thing you intended?
          Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Originally posted by ax2010@eircom.net View Post
            Like them both but No. 1 shades it for me because of the dramatic angle - but perhaps drama was the last thing you intended?
            Yes, I was after drama I suppose - otherwise it's just another Church picture!! I really wanted to get the magnolias in as well,, they've usually caught the frost by now

Comment

Two very nice pictures I myself like number 2 a full image with good framing.

Coda..
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Diana, like them both but I also think #1 just edges into first place for me, what are the features on the top of the tower pinacles, can't be four weather vanes can they?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by raymon View Post
                  Hi Diana, like them both but I also think #1 just edges into first place for me, what are the features on the top of the tower pinacles, can't be four weather vanes can they?

Ray
                  Not sure what they represent, will try and find out - they were restored a few years ago - at vast expense, and now part of the roof is under repair

Comment

Hello Diana,

interesting shots, with beautiful colors.

The second shot is a good idea but, in my opinion, there are many elements that fill the image. the magnolia trees in the foreground, blurred, creating a beautiful setting, but there are too many and the eye continues to move towards them and the tomb in the foreground, even if well managed, is "disturbed " by the flowers in the foreground.

However, photography is beautiful and interesting. :-)

This is my review done by "reading" your picture and will not teach anyone anything. Hope you do not offend.

Marco.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotobass View Post
                      Hello Diana,

interesting shots, with beautiful colors.

The second shot is a good idea but, in my opinion, there are many elements that fill the image. the magnolia trees in the foreground, blurred, creating a beautiful setting, but there are too many and the eye continues to move towards them and the tomb in the foreground, even if well managed, is "disturbed " by the flowers in the foreground.

However, photography is beautiful and interesting. :-)

This is my review done by "reading" your picture and will not teach anyone anything. Hope you do not offend.

Marco.
                      Absolutely no offence taken - love to hear constructive criticism, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X