Urban - Gillingham High Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban - Gillingham High Street

My course for the summer is landscapes - for a start we did an urban landscape. I composed this to make it look like a chic continental boulevard rather than the run down town that it is.

WDYT?

5dII, f14, iso200, 1/125, 24-105@73mm

ef-r

Re: Urban - Gillingham High Street

Much more Continental than Kent .................... blue sky is the givaway.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Amazing what a bit of sun will do!! Well composed

Comment

Does look quite continental. Bet it looks a lot different when its pouring with rain.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

That's superb. Lovely detail in the tree and in the dappled shadows. Excellent compostion too.
          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Brian,
            Been looking at this for a couple of days and as it is the composition is good, however, if I read the title as being Gillingham High Street I think that you could maybe crop the top of the image to just above the shop on the right. This would make it a square crop image.
            Yes this will remove the mass of the trees but the tops are not there anyway and it gives more emphasis on the image title.
            The "rare" Kent blue sky would still be included in the image so you have not lost that.
            I just think that the mass of green at the top detracts from what you have titled the image.

David
            David

Comment

I think Brian should be beaten with sticks, under the trade descriptions act .......................... his photo gives the impression that Gillingham is a pleasant place to visit!

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Been struggling to think where exactly... is it opposite the library.. if the library is still there that is.

Comment

Thank you for your kind comments

It is by the co-op in the high street.

Tomorrow I am doing Rochester high street with some serious street photos
                  Last edited by briansquibb; 29-04-2011, 18:14.
                  ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                    ........Tomorrow I am doing Rochester high street with some serious street photos
                    Looking forward to seeing some of these as your street photography in the past has been rather good.

David
                    David

Comment

Working...
                    X