Kirkby Stephen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirkby Stephen

Did a 12.5 mile walk on Sunday. There were some heavy showers, so my camera wasn't on hand all the time.

1. View of Pennines (Cross Fell to the left) as the rain blew in

2. Taken from former South Durham & Lancashire Union Railway trackbed (near Smardale)

The bridge in the background carries the Settle - Carlisle railway. I think the bridge nearest the camera is just a farm bridge.

3. Smardale Gill Viaduct (you can see this from the Settle & Carlisle when the trees are bare)

4. Grey Ferguson (still working!)

5. Shows I've still a scholboys humour (blushing)

6. Some nice clouds at the end of the walk

Feel free to report technical faults.

Re: Kirkby Stephen

I can't fault them. Do like number 2... if it was me, I'd turn it into a black and white. But thats just me... number three gave me a quick attack of vertigo... I'd be looking for the egde.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Love them, #3 especially. No specific comments, just really good pictures.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks. The location helps ... a lot

Comment

Excellent photos MX5. I am already panting knowing you walked 12 miles & took these lovely photos. I liked the tunnels and the viaduct the best.
          Last edited by Nathaniel; 11-05-2011, 11:13.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
          X