A walk along the Medway - Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A walk along the Medway - Part 1

This morning I went for a walk along a new to me part of the Medway. What I didn't expect to find was an area of about 100 acres (m guess) which had been leveled and cleared in 2007. Needless to say the wild plant and wild life have colonised it - I saw two definite type of blue butterfly and may have seen a third.

As I was just expecting to take landscapes I only took the 5D with the 17-40 - but there will be a next time ....

An old disused crane

Abandoned 30ft boat on the high tide mark

Sea crane moored off timber dock and warehouse

Just behind the river is Rochester Cathedral
    ef-r

Re: A walk along the Medway - Part 1

Nice Set Brian

disused crane image looks great, colour of the crane matches the sky perfectly.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Like the disused crane (quite some device!), but the 'Honey I've a project' (the boat) I like best. The Medway and its environs isn't an area I know ... well on my maps anything south of Stoke says 'here be dragons' ;-)

Brian - nice to see the Marmite lens in use

Comment

A really great set young Brian.

There is a concern that I do have though and it is evident in each of the images. It is so very evident that I just wonder whether or not the sensor on the 5D has a "problem" that is starting to appear in these images........ Blue Sky !!!!!!

David
        David

Comment

Colin C gave me the 'Blue Sky Juice'
          ef-r

Comment

Nice set Brian my favourites are #1 and #4, you even managed to get a contrail and some clouds

Comment

Closeups may be difficult for the boat as there is no (authorised) pedestrian access. Doesn't mean that I wont get there at low tide

Muscat and I hope to get there next week for some serious photography. Only having the 17-40 on the 5D rather limited what I could do. I would have been much better with the 24-105
              Last edited by briansquibb; 23-05-2011, 04:57.
              ef-r

Comment

Nice set of Pictures Brian

Coda
                There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                X