Llan and area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llan and area.

Took some pictures around the llan area the other night. Weather was good.

Apologies if there are too many, I get carried away at times!
    Graham

Re: Llan and area.

I've spent ages watching folk in canoes/kayaks on the Dee .... and Dalle Crucis Abbey ... nice viewpoint.

I'm currently planning a walk around Llangynog (not that far away from Llangollen) ... to take in Cadair Berwyn New Top (2723').

Comment

Looks a lovely part of the country and some nice pictures.

Could I suggest that in images #2, #3 and #5 you crop a little off the bottom of them to put in #2 and #3 the canoes more on the 1/3 and removing some of the grass in #5 again puts the building more on the bottom 1/3 as IMHO this makes them more powerful.

Comment

Hi

Really good set of images.
        Number 2 is my favourite.

DaveH

Comment

Many thanks for the comments, I think your right about the composition Muscat, it would make them a bit better. I have differnt versions of the Abbey which I'll post in a minute but thanks for the advice.
          Graham

Comment

Good images. I'm going with the majority for #2. Partly because it's good and partly because I used to do a lot of kayaking.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Many thanks for the comments. I agree with you Muscat that a bit of cropping would have made some of the images more powerful. I have different versions of the Abbey one of which I'll post in a later. Really nice part of the world MX5, I work in the wrexham area so its not too far for me to get to. I took a panarama of the horseshoe pass last week with quite a lot of images stiched together. Only problem is I cant upload it either because its a very long shape or its very big. either way cant upload.

Comment

Second shot of the Abbey. Cropped a bit tighter when I took it.

Comment

Did you take this from the A542 or up Coed Hyrddyn? When I led a walk we went passed the entrance (that building with the grass roof) and didn't get this good aspect.

Comment

This was taken directly opposite on the other side of the road. There is a footpath leading up Velvet Hill which gives a great vantage point looking down onto the Abbey.

Comment

Thanks. When planning a walk there's seldom the opportunity to find good photo vantage points ... although I do try ... went south around Coed Hyrddyn (Velvet Hill) to Berwyn (oh yes my walks do tend to have a railway interest or canal interest or both ... but don't tell anyone ).

Comment

Lovely images of a beautiful part of the country.

Joanne
                        To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Looks like it was a marvelous day. I would have come back with a card or two full of pictures aswell.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X