Cart wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart wheels

This is in my neighbors yard, thought it would make a nice shot, what do you think?

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Cart wheels

It looks like a pair of eyes, a bit of selective cropping to make the wheels and fence more central and remove some of the grass (which is slightly distracting) and you have a cracking and unusual shot.

Joanne
    To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback,
      Here is an edit, do you think the tall plants growing next to the wheels need to be digitally removed?
      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Put it in monochrome and leave the weeds IMHO

It looks good in sepia
        ef-r

Comment

The weeds are certainly a distraction. Only takes 5 minutes to remove - Really like the mage though....

B&W works too :) Hope you don't mind the edits......

Attached Files
          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

NO I don't mind the edits at all!, im still trying to learn post editing.

Comment

Personally I find the weeds add to the picture - adding a sense of dereliction.

Last edited by briansquibb; 30-05-2011, 06:28.
              ef-r

Comment

... and I prefer the original (I really do) as that is an accurate record of what is. But I often feel in a minority in using photography as a record keeping mechanism. That said Brian's dereliction does have a certain something from the Silver Halide days.

Comment

Well I like the B&W and Brian's one but with a little less foreground as EOS Jim has done.
                  The green of the grass in the colour pulls my eyes away from the wheels which are the subject of the image.

David
                  David

Comment

I like the black and white and also the sepia... I'd also be climbing over the fence and taking some more with different angles.. do you think the neighbours would mind?
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Brian's gives a real feel of time.. works for me.

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                      X