Isle of Lewis, Callanish Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Lewis, Callanish Stones

Went to Isle of Lewis a few weeks ago and visited the standing stones at Callanish. I did take quite a few pictures but have only just got round to sorting them out.
    Would like any kind of feedback on them since I've been experimenting a bit with photoshop.
    Attached Files

Re: Isle of Lewis, Callanish Stones

I'm going for the second one as my fave. Not sure what it is about it... but it just stands out for me. What have you done in photoshop?
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I was trying to get more of an impact with the second one but all I have done is slightly changed the levels then pushed up the contrast and finally use the High Pass filter to sharpen the image. I also cropped it slightly to bring the two stones out more into the foreground.

I've not been able to get out much this year to take pictures due to spinal surgery so I feel as if I'm starting all over again on the learning curve.

Comment

I'm for #2 as well.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

The 2nd one IMHO i love the lighting on the stone and the saturation of the sky.
          Craig
          :)
          Craig
          A photo is a moment of time captured forever.

Comment

#2 for me too, i like how the two stones jump out of the image.

Comment

I like Standing Stones and I like these. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I have to say that the 2nd one is my favourite for the very reasons that Craig has said. I am going to see if I can print this off quite large so that the impact is even greater.

MX5, I like standing stones and have seen the ones at Carnac in France, for me the Callanish stones are much better even though there are many more at Carnac in a long avenue.

Comment

I like #2 also. The ruggedness of the stones against the sky. Lovely.

Mazz
                  “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
                  http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X