Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Ives at night

(I think these fit as urban landscape)

A few from recent trip to St Ives (managed to dodge the rain on this night!)

Eos 5D - EF17-40 f/4 L @19mm - 30 Seconds - f/11 - iso100

Eos 5D - EF17-40 f/4 L @36mm - 23 Seconds - f/8 - iso200

Eos 5D - EF17-40 f/4 L @17mm - 14 Seconds - f/8 - iso200 - 2x 580ex MkII set at 1/1 power - remotely fired using a ST-E2

Eos 5D - EF17-40 f/4 L @19mm - 12 Seconds - f/8 - iso200

(I will get round to photoshopping the remote speedlites out)
    Last edited by scphoto; 07-09-2009, 00:04. Reason: Added camera/lens details
    C & C welcome on any of my images :)

Re: St Ives at night

Great set of images – the remote speedlights worked well. The blue cast makes it look like that face of the wall is lit by the moon.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I have a few more so will get round to posting them. I was going to try and do some more shots, however Cornish weather put a halt to that!

Comment

2 and 4 work best for me.

Thanks for putting in the EXIF for each, I tend to get too short in an exposure in such circumstances.

Nigel

Comment

I was guessing exposure times. Adjusted the time until I got it right.

Comment

It appears that it doesn't matter what time of day it is in St Ives. One will always get great photos every time in St Ives as the light is fantastic. Great images
            rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodopsin View Post
              It appears that it doesn't matter what time of day it is in St Ives. One will always get great photos every time in St Ives as the light is fantastic. Great images
              Not necessarily. I've been to St Ives many times and haven't got any photos in the bag that are nearly as good as these.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X