Chasing The Snow Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing The Snow Moon

With a promise of full sunshine and clear skies all day last Saturday - 27th Feb - allowing the Full moon to visible, I planned to capture the moon setting in the morning and then rising again in the evening with the sunrise and sunset included.

I live just below the South Downs, so for the morning shoot, I went up to the Jack and Jill Windmills up on the Downs and for the evening shoot, up to Ditchling Beacon, where both the sunset and the moon rising could be seen from the same spot.

I was delighted to have this wonderful opportunity and pleased with myself I followed my plan through to the end

Canon EOS 70D and Canon EFS 18-135mm lens
    Image 1 - Moon setting early morning
    Image 2 - Sun rising
    Image 3 - Sun setting
    Image 4 - Snow moon rising
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Disee.Wise; 03-03-2021, 16:21.

Nice set Disee, you certainly achieved your objective. Particularly like the first shot with the sky being lit by the rising sun in the east.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice set especially the third one.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice set of images. Did you hand hold or use a tripod?
        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Great set of interesting photos, well done.
          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Lovely set of images

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
              Nice set Disee, you certainly achieved your objective. Particularly like the first shot with the sky being lit by the rising sun in the east.
              Thank you so much. with my apologies for this late reply as I have only now seen all the comments to this collection which I was unaware had been posted. And it's 2024.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
                Nice set especially the third one.
                Thank you so much Bill. To you, I must also apologise for my late reply, only by chance did I find all these comments today which I was unaware had been posted. - and it 2024!!

Comment

I think you may have just taken the record for the most delayed response ever...

That said I'm no better since I must have missed them in the first place. A good set, particularly so for 3 and 4.
                  Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Sugden View Post
                    Nice set of images. Did you hand hold or use a tripod?
                    Hello Brian, thank you so much for your lovely comment. And to you too I must apologise for my late reply, I had no idea I had received comments and found them today - April 2024!!! - quite by chance.
                    I cannot remember if I used a tripod but I will say that maybe yes - to get the moon quite sharp - but looking at the images taken just before of the sun setting, those were without a tripod.
                    Again thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
                      Great set of interesting photos, well done.
                      Thank you so much Colin for your comment and as I have done with the others, I apologise for taking this long to reply in 2024!!!. I had no idea they had been posted and found them on here only by chance looking for something else.
                      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                        Lovely set of images

Tom
                        Thank you so much Tom for your lovely comment. And to you too, I must sincerely apologise for my very late reply as I had no idea they had been posted and found them only today - 2024 - quite by chance.
                        thank you again
                        Dinah

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                          I think you may have just taken the record for the most delayed response ever...

That said I'm no better since I must have missed them in the first place. A good set, particularly so for 3 and 4.
                          Haha - I guess I do..
                          Thank you so much though for your lovely comments. It was such an interesting photo day for me - 27th Feb 2021 to catch that moon setting at 07.52 from one side of the Downs to then get to the other side and catch it rising again at 18.15 'tuther side of the Downs.
                          Both times were very cold but it gave me a good feeling I did it
                          Thank you
                          Dinah

Comment

Hello Dinah, I missed them as well, but never too late to note my appreciation. My favourite are number 1 & 4.
                            Colin

Comment

I must admit this is the first time seeing these but then I only jined two years ago so thank you for bringing them back to the fore. All vety nice but number three for me as I have always loved a beautiful sunset.
                              ---------------------
                              Ian C.

Comment

Working...
                              X