Sussex countryside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sussex countryside

These two photographs were taken on a recent journey; I took them from a car through glass as it was moving (no, I was not driving at the time!) so neither are very sharp.
    I liked the image so that is why I took them and thought to share the results with you.

I have cropped both photographs and adjusted for colour using Photoshop.

As always, all help, comments and advice gratefully received.

Rose

Countryside 1 by Rose, on Flickr

countryside 2 by Rose, on Flickr

Yep, that looks like Sussex alright...

Looking at the pictures it mostly seems to be the foreground that's showing a bit of motion blur. You really needed a higher shutter speed - probably more like 1/500 than 1/125 - to minimise/eliminate it. As these look like fairly wide angle shots you probably could have gotten away with f11 or perhaps even f8 which would have helped with the shutter speed.

Ideally you really needed the sunlit patch on the foreground to emphasise the principal subject matter - as is the light patch draws attention toward the horizon and out of the picture which works against the composition.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
      Yep, that looks like Sussex alright...

Looking at the pictures it mostly seems to be the foreground that's showing a bit of motion blur. You really needed a higher shutter speed - probably more like 1/500 than 1/125 - to minimise/eliminate it. As these look like fairly wide angle shots you probably could have gotten away with f11 or perhaps even f8 which would have helped with the shutter speed.

Ideally you really needed the sunlit patch on the foreground to emphasise the principal subject matter - as is the light patch draws attention toward the horizon and out of the picture which works against the composition.
      Thank you Nigel, that is very helpful.
      I was going to say they were point and snap photos, but then I knew I was in the car and intentionally had my camera to hand in case any photos presented themselves.
      I need to more planning and next time I’m a car passenger I’ll dial in the settings. Thanks again, I need the help.
      Rose

Comment

Lovely views of the countryside Rose.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

The second shot with more of the hill in the shot is my favourite. A lot going on and not a bit like Scotland, but thank you our ( literally) roving reporter.

Comment

Two lovely shots Rose
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Two images that give the viewer plenty to look at in them.

Having looked at your second image on your Flickr site there's plenty of detail in it that isn't as obvious in the smaller version on here. The separation of the all black cows in the middle higher ground from the black and white ones in the near field with the farmers dust cloud along the hedge line all add interest to the image.
              well done Rose
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
              X