Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiments in landscape and post processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiments in landscape and post processing.

A reprocessed landscape taken at Derwentwater, R6 RF15-35L, @22mm, f16, ISO100 13 sec, ND 6 stops.
    This was experimental... tried to expose such that the foreground was very underexposed and lifted in post processing with DPP and Affinity Photo.....looks a bit HDR to me, I guess that's what it is.

Any comments welcome....

Derwent B2 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Just seems a nice image to me Brian however you may have messed about with it. I think I may have moved my VP to get rid of that twig covering the hill.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I can see what you mean about looking a bit like an HDR image Brian but it’s non the worse for that, it’s a very nice picture. Agree with Trev about the branch though.

Ian
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

The "HDR-ish" look works well here - a beautiful colour on the hills.
        ---------------------
        Ian C.

Comment

Thanks for your comments….cloning out that branch is a challenge….need to take more time taking landscapes to look out for this….lesson learned! Till next time at least.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I like this Brian, really strong colours and love the reflection of the clouds in the water.

How do you find affinity? Ive always used Lightroom, but since I haven't been doing a lot lately, I stopped my subscription and started using DPP. But I honestly can't get way with it at all. Compared to Lightroom it's so basic. Doesn't help that I can only seem to get DPP 3 for reasons which I have no idea. So im looking for a new editing software. And I read that affinity was just a one of cost then you have it for life, is that correct?

Comment

Yeah that’s it….they have a good video instruction resource on YouTube too…and manuals on Amazon …affinity photo 2 is the current one….seems to have all the tools….im trying to get to grips with layers at the moment …I had the same reason for dropping adobe. I use DPP for a first pass because of the canon specific features then affinity.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Thanks for that information, I didn't want to just jump straight in and sign up to something I wasn't sure about. They had it on a black Friday sale the other day at £41.99 I think. I'll maybe see if they have a free weeks trial and give it a go.
                I was also looking at luminar Neo but not seen alot about that. But do know people who use affinity so I was leaning more to that.

Anyway, I don't want to side track the thread. Love the image Brian

Comment

I like the image and actually I like the twig. Bit of foreground detail.

On the subject of editing software, Affinity 2 is very good but as someone who shoots between 1,500 and 2,500 picture per month, I couldn't survive with out the workflow afforded by Lightroom/Photoshop integration.
                  Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Yes you need to manage your library as you go ….it’s definitely less convenient in that respect…but the saving makes it worth it to me.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I really like this shot Brian, the colors definitely caught my eye.

I use Affinity 2 also, bit of a learning curve to it I will admit but I like it. As NathCarr91 you only have to buy it once and you get free upgrades until the next major version, then you have to buy that version. There is probably another board here where we could swap stories and tips on using Affinity.
                      https://www.flickr.com/people/194601711@N08/

Comment

Working...
                      X