Contre jour Bridlington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contre jour Bridlington

I have so many images from this short visit and its hard not to upload too many...the light was good yesterday afternoon and I think this is my best shot
    (R6 + RF16mm STM at f16 and 1/400 sec)
    Comments and improvement suggestions welcome please

Bridlington by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Like that Brian, nice lead in or perhaps lead out ! what was the chap doing right of picture 'Cockling'
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      Like that Brian, nice lead in or perhaps lead out ! what was the chap doing right of picture 'Cockling'
      I'm liking it too.

Suspect the gent in question may be a metal detectorist, I've seen a fair few on Bognor beach at low tide and that's how they tend to look...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks both….yes a metal detectorist.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Excellent shot Brian.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

A lovely shot Brian. You did say comments and improvements welcome so with some trepidation here are my humble thoughts.

The cobbles are lovely but all the top of the pic is very bright with a lot of any detail in the sky lost. Perhaps reducing the highlights significantly and/or an applying a graduated filter down to the bait digger would help. It would need experimentation to see what worked best.

The distant two figures and presumably dog I think are a bit of a distraction and could be removed.

If you’ve got any more of the pic on the right you have cropped off it would be nice if the bait digger was a little more central

Anyway those are my thoughts, it is still a lovely pic though.

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks Ian, that’s exactly the feedback I’m looking for.
              I was ill prepared just walking with the camera and no tripod or filters. I’ll be back in the area next year hopefully and be prepared.
              I like the high key upper third of the frame but maybe it just can’t be combined with the darker slipway foreground.
              there is a concrete wall to the right which compromises a more central composition.
              thanks again for your feedback
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Nice depth to that shot
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Excellent image. I could see reducing highlights might be good but don't mind the figures. Suppose it would have been nice if detectorist/cockler was looking into frame but not a problem really.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Nice photo

Comment

Interesting photo.
                      Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                      X