Dungeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dungeness

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had been to Dungeness. I had previously seen many images of dead and decaying fishing boats and fancied a go at seeing what I could do with them. I was hoping for some poor weather to get the best from the subject, but for the first two days it was bright sunshine with lovely blue skies and white puffball clouds. Very picturesque, but not what I was hoping for, but on day three it looked a bit grubby, just right for the rot and decay.

My expectations were that there were hundreds of these wooden fishing boats, in various states of decay. In reality, I saw six. A little disappointing, but then ................. I only needed one!

IMG_8038ad by colin cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Great shot Colin very moody. Something very sad about seeing boats in that state, but great photographic subjects like old abandon agriculture implements.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice image…good balance of light and dark.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Works beautifully with everything just right - texture, sky, angle etc etc. Well captured.
        ---------------------
        Ian C.

Comment

Wow! That’s like an advert in a magazine. I initially thought of Guinness but that’s always on my mind. Maybe a nice Islay Whisky…
          Last edited by Glezga; 27-04-2024, 15:34.
          Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

I took quite a few of this wreck and for this image, I was on my belly (bit of a job getting back up though!). Apart from the stormy cloud cover, I think keeping the wreck to the left and keeping the Sea Cabbage bottom right added some balance to the image. I also have many colour images from Dungeness, but this mono is my favourite.
            Colin

Comment

That works Colin, well done
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

To get down low I use the flippy screen and Gorillapod pro….that’s if I remember I have a flip screen!
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I used the floppy screen and a slight depression in the shingles Brian.
                  Colin

Comment

Love this!
                    https://www.flickr.com/people/194601711@N08/

Comment

Stunning shot, one of the best Dungeness images I've seen.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Great image. Well composed, shot and nice PP
                        Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Working...
                        X