Thorpe Bay, Southend at Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorpe Bay, Southend at Dawn

went out early this morning. not been out often enough lately with my kit, so took the chance today.
    took this early this morning, about 6.45am. have a few others to post once processed, even had a stab at some panoramic views.
    this one was with my 300mm kit lens, in AV f22, 1/13 sec shutter speed, +1 on exposure and 100 ISO.

David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
    All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Re: Thorpe Bay, Southend at Dawn

That's very pleasing. Like it (and I like boats).

Comment

Very atmospheric....great shot!
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Great colour and detail. Somehow, a crowded scene doesn't seem crowded! Well done!

Peter

ps, it looks a bit like they are all walking ashore!

Comment

Very nice, just shows its well worth getting up bright and early.

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks for looking and for the kind comments, very much appreciated.

I think autumn and spring are the best for sunrise and sunset shots. partly because the hours they occur (sunrise particularly) are far more sociable, but also because the added moisture in the air. there is more colour. the scene changes a lot over the time you are there and you get some very different views and scenes. well worth the effort of getting up at 4.30am!!
            David

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.

Comment

Nice shot. Worth getting up for :)
              “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
              http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

It certainly was worth getting up for.

Subtle colours, gentle ripple reflections and the bigger boat in the foreground perfectly placed for good composition. One to savour.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

wow, praise indeed! thank you.
                  David

Comment

I Like the colour, the mood it sets etc, would have been chuffed if I had taken it!
                    Alun

Comment

Do like this..

Love the colour the reflections and the light. I'd be tickled pink with this
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Alun and Di.
                        I have to say I am very pleased with it and am going to resize and prep it for a canvas.
                        David

Comment

Very nice love the orange glow and good choise shooting at 300mm

Comment

Working...
                          X